‘I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) when I was 3 years old. At first it was really scary because I had no idea what this meant but, now I have gotten used to it and it’s become apart of my everyday life. T1D is still annoying and can sometimes be stressful but it has been a lot more manageable thanks to my friends and family who have given me so much help and support. There is no cure to T1D right now but I am happy to know that JDRF are trying hard to find a cure’.
Three Bridges Run is proudly supporting JDRF.
JDRF is the leading global organisation funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF Australia is built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on an international stage to pool resources, passion and energy.
Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications.
To accomplish this, JDRF has invested nearly $2 billion since our inception. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D.
Our staff and volunteers in seven countries are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement and our vision of a world without T1D.
Find Out More – www.jdrf.org.au
How can I support JDRF?
1. Register for the Three Bridges Run – Enter here.
2. Start Fundraising – Register your details at JDRF Blue Army and a fundraising page will be built for you. JDRF will support and motivate you every step of the way including helping you create tailored communications and collateral to use for your fundraising drive.
At the Three Bridges Run event, you’ll even be able to access a JDRF Blue Army VIP registration line (Yay no queues!) as well as have access to a JDRF Blue Army ‘Meet & Greet’ marquee in which runners receive a BBQ bacon and egg roll breakfast.
Need more motivation? Fundraising incentives for runners include;
- Raise a minimum of $250 for JDRF – Receive a FREE JDRF Running Singlet + a 50% reimbursement of your entry fee from JDRF.
- Raise a minimum of $100 for JDRF – Receive a FREE JDRF Running Singlet.
3. Donation Upon Registration – When you register for the event via the online registration system you can make a donation to JDRF as part of your entry. Just select the pre-set dollar amount you would like to donate. You will be sent a tax receipt from JDRF post-event for any donation of $2 or more.
4. Say hello and have a chat to the JDRF Blue Army team at the Three Bridges Run event on Sunday 3rd November!
5. Visit www.jdrf.org.au for more information and learn how else you can support turning type one into type none.